By Brian Berkowitz
Audience: The contributions are meant to be as available as attainable to a large readership of lecturers and pros with assorted backgrounds corresponding to earth sciences, subsurface hydrology, petroleum engineering, and soil physics.
By Don Cummings,Robert Dalrymple,Kyungsik Choi,Jaehwa Jin
The Tide-Dominated Han River Delta offers a radical research of a river delta during which tidal currents have transformed the river-borne sediment, producing attribute geomorphological and sedimentological signatures within the process. Such "tide-dominated" deltas are universal within the sleek ocean, forming the substrate upon which complete populations are built. in addition, old examples comprise huge, immense volumes of hydrocarbon. regardless of this, tide-dominated deltas stay much less good understood than their wave- and river-dominated opposite numbers, principally simply because strategies inside them are inherently extra complicated and less glossy examples were investigated in detail.
This multi-year learn through a workforce of specialists in coastal geoscience represents the main whole documentation of a tide-dominated delta to date. effects aid improve, and are appropriate to, a huge variety of fields inside sedimentary geology, together with clastic sedimentology, seismic and series stratigraphy, and coastal geomorphology, as well as petroleum geology and reservoir engineering.
- Offers new entry to result of a multi-year hydrocarbon-reservoir analogue research no longer to be had elsewhere
- Features seventy five full-color figures and illustrations to stress severe points of the delta’s sedimentology, geomorphology, and stratigraphy
- Provides uncomplicated info that larger outline what tide-dominated deltas are, how those complicated structures behave over the years, and why this is often so
- Aids petroleum geologists and reservoir engineers in predicting the distribution of baffles and obstacles in tide-dominated sediment our bodies, aiding within the winning improvement of reservoirs
By National Research Council,Committee on Challenges and Opportunities in Earth
Landscapes at the Edge identifies 9 grand demanding situations during this rising box of analysis and proposes 4 high-priority learn tasks. The e-book poses questions on how our planet's earlier can let us know approximately its destiny, how landscapes checklist weather and tectonics, and the way Earth floor technological know-how can give a contribution to constructing a sustainable residing floor for destiny generations.
By W.J. Streever
By Howard S. Wheater,Simon A. Mathias,Xin Li
By Ellen Wohl
Rivers within the panorama: technological know-how and Management bargains a entire and available review of the present country of data for river technique and shape, taking a holistic method of the topic with assurance of built-in river technological know-how and administration in practice.
The techniques and kinds found in channelized floor flow–rivers–are systematically explored during this booklet to
• emphasize the connectivity among rivers and the larger panorama by means of explicitly contemplating the
interactions among rivers and tectonics, weather, biota, and human activities;
• supply a concise precis of the present kingdom of data for actual technique and shape in rivers;
• replicate the variety of river environments, from mountainous, headwater channels to giant, lowland,
floodplain rivers and from the arctic to the tropics;
• replicate the various tools that scientists use to symbolize and comprehend river strategy and form,
together with distant sensing, box measurements, actual experiments, and numerical simulations;
• replicate the expanding emphasis on quantification in fluvial geomorphology and the learn of Earth surfaces in general;
• offer either an advent to the vintage, foundational papers on each one subject, and a advisor to the latest, particularly insightful and integrative references.
geared toward complicated undergraduate scholars, graduate scholars, and execs searching for a concise precis of actual points of rivers, this e-book emphasizes common ideas and conceptual types, in addition to concrete examples of every subject drawn from the huge literature on river technique and form.
By Eric Chassignet,Claudia Cenedese,Jacques Verron
By Josef Křeček,Martin Haigh,Thomas Hofer,Eero Kubin,Catrin Promper
By Jaroslav Pollert,Bozidar Dedus
By Fred H. Sklar,Arnold van der Valk