By Marco Caracciolo,Russell Hurlburt
A ardour for Specificity, with its own revelations, unforeseen twists, and confrontational type, reads like an epistolary novel, however it is a significant exploration of principles on the middle of literature and technology. it's a considerate test at advancing the rising “cognitive humanities,” clarifying a few middle concerns within the cross-pollination of literature, psychology, philosophy, and cognizance science.
Read or Download A Passion for Specificity: Confronting Inner Experience in Literature and Science (Cognitive Approaches to Culture) PDF
Similar neuropsychology books
As a result of the present revolution in mind study the quest for the “moral mind” turned a significant endeavour. these days, neural circuits which are imperative for ethical and social behaviour are stumbled on and the brains of psychopaths and criminals - the classical anti-heroes of morality - are scanned with interest, even enthusiasm.
A neurobiological clarification of self-awareness and the states of brain of significantly traumatized humans. Cultivation of emotional understanding is tough, even for these people now not troubled by way of critical psychological sickness. This ebook discusses the neurobiology in the back of emotional states and provides workouts for constructing self information.
The premiere in lots of EMG labs, this source is a realistic operating reference for acting a large choice of universal nerve conduction reviews. It presents either training clinicians and trainees with a powerful database of standard values they could use to interpret nerve conduction effects with self assurance.
This groundbreaking quantity introduces the theoretical base and medical equipment of Neurocognitive studying treatment, an integrative framework for client-centered intervention. The version unifies psychology and neuroscience in revisiting the connections among mind and behaviour, changing the cognitive-versus-affective binary conventional to scientific pondering with a state of affairs of the cognitive and emotional studying approaches that interact to form adaptive and pathological habit.
- Epilepsy: Scientific Foundations of Clinical Practice (Neurological Disease and Therapy)
- The Comprehensive Resource Model: Effective therapeutic techniques for the healing of complex trauma (Explorations in Mental Health)
- Overcoming the Trauma of Your Motor Vehicle Accident: A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Program (Treatments That Work)
- The Limits of Dream: A Scientific Exploration of the Mind / Brain Interface
- The Collected Works of L.S. Vygotsky: The Fundamentals of Defectology (Abnormal Psychology and Learning Disabilities): 2 (Cognition and Language: A Series in Psycholinguistics)
- Advances in Neuropharmacology: 85 (International Review of Neurobiology)
Extra info for A Passion for Specificity: Confronting Inner Experience in Literature and Science (Cognitive Approaches to Culture)
A Passion for Specificity: Confronting Inner Experience in Literature and Science (Cognitive Approaches to Culture) by Marco Caracciolo,Russell Hurlburt